Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hello, World!

Hello, internet. Welcome to my new blog!

I've decided that I have left my other blog too long, and it's time for a fresh start. With that in mind, I'll be working with some new ideas.

For those who don't know, I'm a college student who develops video games in his spare time. I have used quite a few different tools, but recently I've been favoring the Python programming language and the Panda3D game engine. Kudos to Guido Var Rossum for his amazing language; kudos as well to Disney Interactive and Carnegie-Mellon University for the best 3D engine I've ever used.

In the past, I've mainly worked on conventional games. Robots blowing things up, space ships fighting other space ships, and super-soldiers shooting people. Recently, though, I've had more creative ideas.

The title of this blog is "Painting with Code" because that's what I hope to do; I hope to create artistic and expressive games. I have a project that I'm starting today which I'll post more about later.

(Also, this blog will hopefully be syndicated by the Ludum Dare "world" blog feed. I'll have to talk to Mike Kasprzak about that later today.)

I'll have more about this project of mine later today, maybe with concept art.

Peace, love, and fresh ideas,

--- Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment